For Everything DiSC® Facilitators: How Do I More Effectively Use MyEverythingDiSC.com?
How do I more effectively use MyEverythingDiSC® with learners is a question that I get asked (and ask myself) often.
As you know, MyEverythingDiSC® is a mobile-friendly, interactive learning portal that is exclusive to the Everything DiSC® solutions. The site can be made available to anyone who has completed an Everything DiSC profile (excluding Everything DiSC® 363 for Leaders). It can be used as pre-work and an introduction to the model, and/or as follow-up to cement the lessons that users are introduced to in their Everything DiSC® profiles and classroom experiences, extending their learning into the future.
MyEverythingDiSC® enables learners to actively incorporate their new DiSC® knowledge into their daily work. It offers them insights into their own DiSC style and strategies for working and communicating with others. Learners are able to access their DiSC profile and information about their style. Both individual and group comparisons can be created and the site offers content exclusive to MyEverythingDiSC®.
The question (and sometimes the challenge) becomes hot to get people to use the site. Here are some ways that I have found beneficial.
If you have the learner discover their DiSC® style before the training (i.e. give them access to their profile when they complete the profile), enable full access to MyEverythingDiSC® at the time you assign access codes. Include a custom message instructing them to create their account after completing the assessment and ask them to:
- Request to compare with you, their manager, a coworker or another participant before the training.
- Create an activity to be completed using the site prior to the training—for example, a “DiSC Scavenger Hunt” for them to complete using the general DiSC information available to them on the site.
- Have them listen to the podcast about their style in advance and make notes about what resonated with them. Then have a couple of people from each style share during the session.
Whether or not you grant access prior to the session, demo the site during the session.
If they have access to MyEverythingDiSC® prior to the session or if you can grant access just before or during the session, and they have access to the site during the session (remember the site is mobile-friendly) create an activity to do during the session.
Here are a few ideas:
- Have learners pick one of the topics on the My Style page: My Interactions, My Environment, or My Communication. Ask them to click on the non-priority (non-bolded) words around the circle and identify the one that takes the most effort and the least effort. With partners or in trios have them share their style and the non-priority that comes easiest and hardest for them.
- Ask learners to click on “How Aligned are you to your DiSC® style?” and review the information. Then discuss observations and insights in pairs or trios. This section often sheds a lot of light on some of the information in the profile that just doesn’t quite fit for the participant.
- Have learners go to the “Learn About DiSC®” page. (The link can be found towards the bottom of all pages.) Have them click on the segment of the DiSC® Map that is directly opposite their style (i.e someone with a D style would click on the S segment or someone CD style would click on the iS segment) and read the information. Then in pairs or trios have learners discuss the value the other style brings to the team and how working with someone from that style has been beneficial to them personally. The idea is to get participants to begin to appreciate and value other styles.
Reach out if you would like to learn more about MyEverythingDiSC® or brainstorm ways to use the site with your learners.
TAGGED : building a strong team, cohesive team, DiSC profile, DiSC Scavenger Hunt, EverythingDiSC®, podcast